KTM FARM is a family owned and operated farm located in the Red River Valley of North Dakota since 1975. We are committed to producing quality products such as wheat, corn, soybeans and sugar beets. We strive to keep up with recent technology, equipment and use the most optimal farming practices that will enhance productivity and preservation of the land.
Our ideal Farm Supervisor is a working leader who has previous experience managing people and processes with a progressive farming operation, strong organizational and analytical skills and the positive energy to lead others. This role reports to the Owner and will lead field operations for allocated crops. You will spend a higher percentage of time implementing plans, managing people, projects, and troubleshooting and lower percentage working side-by-side with employees on maintenance or operations.
Why work for KTM Farm? We offer competitive compensation, health care benefits and PTO. We care about our family of employees and offer a great working environment that promotes growth and longevity. If you are looking to join a progressive family operation focused on top notch production agriculture come see what we are all about at http://www.ktmfarm.com/
Compensation is highly dependent on experience.
The Farm Supervisor will be RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Coordinate with the Owner on operational tasks, labor management, crop management, planning, and day-to-day execution of safety policy and farming practices.
- Lead day-to-day operations maximizing efficient use of labor, equipment and time.
- During the winter months lead maintenance projects. During growing season, manage a field crew for a given crop including planting, spraying, harvesting and tillage.
- Train, motivate and coach employees on their performance; maximize the talent of each team member and continually work towards further developing the team.
- Monitor quality of maintenance projects, field work, and data tracking of team.
- Oversee preventative maintenance program.
- Maintain accurate parts inventory; order parts and maintain accurate maintenance records.
- Maintain the cleanliness, organization and appearance of the farm, machinery and landowner properties.
- Work with Agronomist on implementation of weed, fertilization, pest and disease control.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures for continuous improvements.
- Agriculture related degree or equivalent farm management experience (3+ years).
- Must be able to physically work in an industrial/farming environment and extended hours during peak seasons.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record at all times. CDL Class A preferred.
- Must have mechanical ability to maintain and operate equipment.