Welcome to Sandy Knoll Farms! We’re a family-owned and operated farm going back five generations. Today we farm 2,000 acres in Orleans County, New York focusing on crop production, raising apples, corn, soybeans and wheat.
We’re hiring a few talented team members to join our operation who are mechanically inclined and share a passion for agriculture. We’re hiring a Farm Equipment Operator and a Farm Mechanic/Shop Foreman. Enjoy a variety of work while your main focus areas will be assigned according to your experience and expertise. Our team members are essential workers and most work can be completed while social distancing.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, along with a work environment that provides opportunity to work both independently and as a team.
- Compensation based on qualifications and experience
- Paid Time Off
- Health insurance
- HSA contributions
This role is for you if you:
- Possess an aptitude in mechanical, machinery, equipment and maintenance
- Excel at equipment operation
- Hold a Class A Driver’s license (CDL) or have a willingness to obtain
- Are self-motivated with the ability to identify and accomplish work independently and can multi-task in a changing environment
- Can track, monitor and interpret crop data and other inputs to aid in equipment operations
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills both intellectual and practical for hands-on applications
- Bring experience operating GPS equipment or are highly comfortable with technology to learn
- Are willing to work additional and flexible hours during planting and harvest seasons
- Farm Mechanic/Shop Foreman: Continuous service, repair and maintenance on all equipment as well as the overseeing and managing the shop
- In addition, the Shop Foreman candidates must have the experience necessary to manage a small team and overseeing the operations, workflow and efficiency of the farm’s shop
- Farm Equipment Operator: Operate all necessary equipment related to planting, producing and harvesting of crops and assist with maintenance and repairs
- Responsible for carrying out food safety and recordkeeping tasks
- Collect and record data and update records to ensure compliance with all regulations
- Ensure safety measures and other regulations, as outlined by the business, are practiced to ensure compliance
- Excavating: Maintaining tree lines on field borders and drainage ditches
- Transporting/Truck Driving: Transporting crops from field to storage and storage to destinations as well as moving equipment and staging for operation
- High School diploma; Ag Technology or Diesel Technology certifications or Associate’s degree a plus
- Class A Driver’s license (CDL) or willingness to obtain
- NYS DEC Pesticide Applicator permit or willingness to obtain
- Experience in farming/crop production, construction, heavy equipment/machine operator, mechanic shop equivalent or combination of education, agriculture and mechanics required
- Working knowledge of the agriculture industry
- Physical ability to operate, lift and move heavy equipment required
- Local candidates are encouraged to apply
This business is an equal opportunity employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you have the qualifications and experience as described and the motivation to be part of a quality crop production team and a passion for farming, please consider our Farm Operator or Farm Mechanic/Shop Foreman positions, we want to hear from you!