Nelson Farm and Ranch is a 4th generation farm and ranch located in western Nebraska that is comprised of dryland crops, irrigated crops, and a cow calf operation. The farm operates 8 center pivots consisting of corn, wheat, alfalfa, and sunflowers. Our dryland crops are primarily made up of wheat, corn, and hay. In addition to farming, we run 350 pairs of angus/simangus cattle which we calve out in February and turn out on grass every year. We usually wean calves in October and background them for 90 days.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Farm and Ranch Hand for our operation in Bushnell, NE. We are looking to fill this position with someone who understands and embraces the farm and ranch lifestyle.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and skills. We do have housing accommodations that will be part of the compensation package for this position.
A qualified candidate would possess the following skills;
- Understand how to operate heavy machinery (tractors, combines, loaders, feed truck)
- A strong mechanical aptitude
- Basic understanding of cattle and working in and around them
- Have some knowledge of center pivot irrigation
- Be able to drive truck for grain and hay hauling
- Chemical application experience for no till farming
- The ability to work as a team member to complete a variety of tasks
- Willingness to learn and be taught new skills
- Ability to work on their own when given a task
- A strong candidate must be willing to work longer hours during planting, harvesting, and calving seasons.