Welcome to Farmers Grain & Ag, LLC! We are a family owned, diversified operation that encompasses a large farming operation, a 4M bushel grain elevator, logging business and sawmill. Our team is packed with innovative, forward-thinking individuals who share a passion for ag and support of our community. We have had significant growth the past twenty years and continually look to expand.
We’re hiring for Full & Part Time Farm Operators in Willshire, OH. You would be operating farm machinery and equipment such as operating a grain cart and running tillage tools. You would also assist at our grain facilities. Enjoy a wide variety of responsibilities from operating equipment, maintaining grounds, light equipment maintenance and driving truck. In this role you will have the opportunity to grow in your knowledge and skill working with a large farm operation that values developing people.
We offer competitive compensation and health insurance. Learn more about us at www.farmersgrainag.com.
This role is for you if you
- Have prior agriculture/farming experience and are comfortable operating heavy equipment
- Are a stickler for details and understanding how the choices made in the field influence the overall farm’s success for the year
- Have basic maintenance ability and willing to jump in to assist with repairs in the field
- Enjoy being around a progressive operation with a driven team
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons, work in all-weather condition and temperatures and be able to push, pull and lift 60lbs.
- CDL is a plus, not required
What you would be doing
- Operate farm equipment including tractors, grain carts and tillage tools.
- Perform preventative maintenance and light repairs on equipment and implements.
- Assist with the grain elevator loading/unloading trucks and general maintenance.
- Follow all required safety procedures and maintain a safe work environment.
- Communicate with the owners on ideas for improvement.
- Be willing to assist in all areas of the operation depending on the need for the season.
- Working longer hours and days during peak seasons.