Welcome to John Ayers Farm! We are multi-generational farming operation located in Rochester, IL just west of Springfield. We’re a diversified operation with a 75 head cow/calf operation along with a 2,000 acre crop operation where we focus on growing corn and soybeans. We pride ourselves on being good stewards of the land and share a passion for agriculture.
We’re Hiring a full-time, year-round Farm Operator to assist in both the livestock and grain side of the business. You would be working alongside the owner, splitting responsibilities to get the work done. You would be responsible for daily care and operations of the cattle as well as assisting in all areas of the farm including operating and basic servicing of equipment. For our grain operation you would be assisting with field work, planting and harvest. Enjoy seeing the results of your work throughout the year.
We offer a competitive compensation along with paid time off. There is potential for housing. We’re ideally looking to hire someone that is interested in a long-term relationship with the company.
This position is for you if
- You have prior livestock experience (beef or dairy preferred) and would enjoy working with our cattle.
- You have prior heavy equipment operation experience such as tractors, ag equipment, construction, military or relatable field.
- You have basic mechanical ability to service and preventative maintenance to equipment.
- You have the ability to work long hours during peak seasons (7 days a week during planting, harvest and calving season; 5-6 days a week throughout the rest of the year).
What you would be doing
- Lead cow/calf operations including calving, herd health, feeding, and facility maintenance.
- Operate farm equipment including tractors, planting, harvesting, self-propelled mowers, and tillage equipment.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment, truck and facilities.
- Assist in all areas of the farm as needed.
- Maintain organization in the shop and with record keeping.