Welcome to Oomen Farms in Hart, Michigan! We’re a family-owned, diversified farming operation. On our fourth generation, we pride ourselves on growing quality organic and conventionally grown vegetables and row crops. We are continually expanding our operation and looking for someone who shares our passion for the industry and focus on continuous improvement.
We’re hiring a full-time Heavy Equipment/Farm Operator in Hart, MI. In this role you will be assisting in all areas of the farm from running equipment, trucking to & from the field, performing light equipment maintenance, assisting with irrigation and maintaining general farm upkeep. Given we’re a farming operation you would be working extended hours including weekends during peak season.
We offer competitive compensation along with health insurance, retirement plan with a company match, and paid time off.
This role is for you if you bring:
- Prior experience operating heavy equipment on a farm or in relatable fields such as military or construction
- Basic mechanical knowledge and ability to assist with repairs
- Flexibility in working in all areas of the farm along with a solid ability to communicate clearly
- The ability to solve problems in-the-moment and are a self-starter
What you will be doing:
- Operating farm equipment such as tillage, sprayers, harvesters and other farm equipment.
- Hauling seed, fertilizer, fuel to and from main location to fields.
- Assisting with light equipment maintenance in the shop and in field.
- Assisting with irrigation including applying fertilizer through pivots, putting in and taking out pumps each season and helping with basic repairs.
- Performing general farm labor such as building upkeep, grounds maintenance, etc.
- Prior agricultural experience preferred
- CDL A license or willingness to obtain within the first 6 months of hire
- Ability to perform basic preventative maintenance of equipment and repairs
- Physically be able to lift 50-75lbs, work outside in the elements and be on your feet on/off throughout the day.