Welcome to Purdy Family Farms! We are a progressive family operation farming 2,000 acres of crops and have a 700 head dairy including a brand-new milking parlor. We are located in Canandaigua, NY which is about 30 miles southeast of Rochester, NY. We are just a few miles from town that is a very nice community complete with a modern school, many places to eat, banks, car dealers, gas, shopping, grocery store, etc.
We’re hiring a full-time Farm Operator. In this role, you will be working on all crop farming operations related to dairy feed from planting through silage harvest. For the right candidate, there will possibly be an opportunity to move into management and buy into the business. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for the industry, our team environment, and care for our crops and animals.
We offer competitive pay based on experience along with insurance (health, dental, and vision), 401K, bonuses, paid sick, and paid vacation.
This role is for you if you bring:
- Prior farming and agriculture experience with knowledge of dairy and silage/forage operations preferred.
- Experience operating and maintaining the modern farm and other heavy equipment.
- Technical knowledge of GPS, auto-steer, and precision farming.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong personal motivation along with strong moral values and work ethic.
- Ability to work extended hours during the busy season.
What you will be doing:
- Participating in all crop operations to keep the dairy running efficiently including crop planning, rotation, spraying, and fertilizer application.
- Operating farm and other heavy equipment.
- Performing routine maintenance and service on equipment.
- Complete daily records associated with manure management, application, and operations.
- Assist in other areas of the farm as needed.