Giesselmann Ag is a larger family-owned farming operation growing corn and soybeans and providing custom farming. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for farming, our team and family environment, and the variety of work throughout the different seasons.
We’re hiring for a full-time, year-round Farm Operator – Farm Hand to join our team in Scribner, NE. In this role you will be assisting in all areas of the farm from operating various farming equipment, hauling grain, performing light equipment maintenance, assisting with irrigation, and maintaining general farm upkeep.
We offer a competitive hourly rate along with paid vacation and bonuses.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- Prior experience working in agriculture, farming, or heavy equipment and driving semi. Knowledge of John Deere and Case IH GPS a plus.
- Basic mechanical ability to work on equipment.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong personal motivation along with strong moral values and work ethic.
- Ability to work extended hours during the busy season.
What you will be doing:
- Operate tractors and other farm and heavy equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on farm and heavy equipment.
- Hauling grain.
- Oversee irrigation and assist with irrigation equipment.
- Assist in managing bin sites during harvest.
- Performing general farm labor such as building upkeep, grounds maintenance, etc.