Havekost Farms is a family operated farm growing corn and soybeans and is looking for another key employee to help drive the business forward. Our operation uses some of the newest technology available.
We are looking for candidate to fill the position of a Full-time Farm Operator in Scribner, Nebraska that will enjoy a wide variety of responsibilities. Training and further educational opportunities are available as necessary. We value an employee that wants to grow in their knowledge and become a long-term part of our operation and management decisions.
We offer competitive wages along with a structured bonus and paid time off.
You should consider this job if you:
- Prior experience working in agriculture, farming, or heavy equipment and driving semi. Knowledge of John Deere GPS
- Have an ability to perform basic maintenance tasks and are willing to pitch in with repairs in the field and substantial shop work in the off-season.
- Enjoy working with other driven team members to do the best job you know how to do at whatever the task is.
- Ability to work extended hours during the busy season.
Your day-to-day activities would include, but not be limited to:
- Operating large farm equipment, application and precision ag equipment.
- Driving truck, maintaining equipment, and completing written and/or electronic records.
- Oversee irrigation and assist with irrigation equipment.
- Assisting with agronomy and operating a modern grain handling facility.
Skills and experience necessary:
- Have large farm equipment experience.
- Must be physically capable and willing to climb, lift and shovel.
- Be safety conscious at all times and have the ability to follow detailed verbal and/or written instructions.
- Ability and willingness to communicate with management on ideas for improvement.
- Have a positive attitude, be self-motivated and disciplined with attention to details.
- Have strong basic math skills.
- Ability to make decisions on the fly without supervision and complete a job to the best of your ability.