Moreland Farms is a multi-generation, family owned and operated diversified farm. We pride ourselves on operating a large, progressive grain operation along with a beef cow herd. We’re a close-knit team that supports each other and are passionate about growing quality crops.
We have an opportunity for a full-time Farm Mechanic to work near South Haven, Kansas just about an hour south of Wichita. You will be performing maintenance along with troubleshooting repairs of our ag equipment and trucks both in the shop and out in the fields. You’ll be working on everything from sprayers, implements, diesel trucks, grain bins and facilities. To support a continuous effort on improving efficiency, you will be focused on developing and maintaining shop organization. You’ll be balancing, in-the-moment needs, with long-term projects.
Compensation is highly dependent on the individual’s experience.
- Perform maintenance throughout the year on all farm equipment, trucks and facilities
- Conduct and track all routine preventative maintenance (PM) of equipment
- Order necessary parts and equipment; economically source parts and equipment when purchasing
- Maintain an organized work area and shop along with developing practices to improve shop organization
- Assist in other areas in the farm depending on the season
- 3+ years relatable mechanical experience working on either farm, construction, or relatable equipment
- Physical demands:
- May be required to lift up to 70 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work extended hours on feet
- Ability to work extended hour and weekends during peak seasons. Winter and non-peak season months, 40-45 hours per week.