Pero Family Farms has strong roots in its fifth generation of family farming and are vastly growing today. Today we are growing in multiple states across the US and the largest producer of market fresh green beans. We are a sustainable farm that grows a wide array of year-round conventional and organic vegetables and offer a variety of convenient packaging.
We’re hiring for a Farm Manager to be located in Irving, NY (western, NY). You would be managing daily farm operations of a 1,200 acre operation of green beans. You would be in a hands-on management role leading everything from plant through harvest including managing 8+ employees and making agronomic decisions.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and relocation assistance.
- Oversee farming and harvesting operations
- Analyze farming practices to optimize quality/yields
- Oversees preparation; irrigation fertilization; pest and disease management
- Ensure Global GAP & GMP standards are being followed
- Ensure company is in compliance with all governmental agencies and regulatory agencies
- Direct and coordinate daily production to achieve the most efficient cost of production while meeting the maximum yield and quality goals.
- Continually monitor and evaluate the efficiency of operations, equipment, and work practices
- Manage a labor force to accomplish the general farming goals stated above
- Farming/agriculture background required, preference for snap beans, string bean, pickles, peppers or relatable vegetable crop experience
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- “Hands on” supervisory experience
- Knowledge of and practical experience with agricultural cropping systems, pest and disease control, production practices and crop maintenance
- Knowledge and practical experience with production equipment
- Ability to manage, coordinate and communicate daily with crews
- Candidate must be comfortable with technology
- Multi-task oriented, detail oriented, ability to work well with others, and good organizational skills.