Island Grove LLC. is a diverse blueberry farm including a large nursery operation and winery operation. We have two farming locations, one being in South West Florida and the other in North Central Florida. We specialize in the production of fresh organic (200 acres) and conventional blueberries (175 acres). We are a family operation and take pride having long term employees who enjoy what they do and the team they work with.
We are hiring a Farm Manager for our farming division at our Hawthorne, FL location which encompasses 200 acres of organic berry productions with potential expansion in the future. You will oversee all day-to-day operations including leading the teams, monitoring crop health managing irrigation and spray programs. You will be leading all field operations from growing through harvest and packing.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience along with health, dental and vision insurance. We provide paid vacation, bonuses, 401k/retirement and a vehicle allowance.
This job might be for you if you
- Bring prior agriculture/ horticulture production experience, ideally with 4+ years in specialty crops.
- Are knowledgeable and have strong understanding of farming practices.
- Are bilingual – Spanish/English.
- Can easily navigate computers systems, excel, word, etc.
- Can operate tractors and have basic mechanical experience.
- Have the ability to work longer hours during peak seasons.
- Oversee all day-to-day operations communicating daily tasks to field supervisors and checking that tasks are completed.
- Ensure all employees are trained properly with food safety, work policies and practices.
- Ensure consistent and accurate tracking of all field data; planting, spraying and harvesting
- Execute all organic operations and programs.
- Schedule spray programs.
- Perform field scouting and irrigation management.
- Oversee harvesting and packing operations production.
- Managing of budgets.