Greig & Co., Inc is located in Estherville, Iowa. We are an 80+ year old family farming and ranching operation consisting of about 3,000 acres of crops including corn, soybeans, and alfalfa. We also have 750 acres of pasture ground where we run 280 cow calf pairs and 450 yearlings.
We are hiring an all-around full-time, year-round Ranch/Farm Hand to assist with cattle activities, general field work, maintenance, and other general farm work. Previous cattle experience is required with horse experience preferred. We are willing to train a candidate that is looking to grow within this role in other duties of the operation.
We offer a competitive compensation depending on experience plus bonus and overtime. Housing is provided with a 4-bedroom house at headquarters. We also offer other great benefits such as company paid health insurance, profit sharing plan, IRA, paid vacation, paid holidays, and most weekends off (required to work every third weekend, required to work Saturday and Sunday during busy times).
What you would be doing:
- Cattle related activities such as treating, processing, driving feed truck, pen maintenance, etc.
- Assist with managed rotational grazing
- General fieldwork such as seedbed preparation, disking, plowing, etc.
- General maintenance of equipment, buildings and mill
- Hay mowing, baling and moving bales.
- Pest control — row crops, hay, and pasture spraying
- May need to acquire private pesticide applicators permit
- Other farm duties as necessary and dependent on season