Welcome to Friesen Farms! We’re a large family owned, and operated farm located in Northwest Kansas. We grow wheat, soybeans, corn and milo on over 10,000 acres of dry and irrigated ground. We take pride in the land we farm and enjoy seeing it through from start to finish. We value and support our employees along with their families and our community.
We’re hiring for a full-time Farm Equipment Operator- Sprayer Applicator to join our ag operation in Colby, KS. In this role, you will be the main individual responsible for all activities surrounding our agronomy spray program. You will be blending chemicals, ensuring correct rates, operating the sprayer, maintaining spray records and ensuring accurate levels of chemical inventory. During the off-season, you will be performing light maintenance and assisting in all areas of the farm.
We offer: competitive salary based on experience along with paid vacation and health insurance.
This job might be for you if you have:
- Strong experience in agriculture operating heavy equipment; commercial and/or private sprayer applicator experience highly preferred.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks while performing basic math.
- Strong personal motivation along with strong moral values and a commitment to the betterment of the operation.
- Ability to work extended hours during the busy season.
What you might be doing:
- Precisely blend and apply fertilizers, pesticides, fungicides, herbicides or insecticides based on prescribed rates and label recommendations.
- Determine quantity needed to complete each field.
- Make adjustments to hoses, nozzles, and tubes depending on distribution, material applied and conditions.
- Load and unload inbound and outbound inventory.
- Maintain an accurate inventory level of chemicals and ensure returns when necessary.
- Complete applicator logs and reports on schedule.
- Perform preventative maintenance on the sprayer and ensure nozzles, hoses, etc. are working properly.
- Be the eyes in the field reporting back to the Owner if there are issues in the field or with irrigation equipment.
- Perform light equipment maintenance and repair on large tractors, combines, trucks, etc.
- Operate various farm equipment dependent on the season.
- Thoroughly clean out sprayer in between applications.
- Assist in all areas of the farm as needed.