Welcome to 4L Family Farms! We’re a family-owned farming operation that started in 1952 located in southwest Michigan. We grow potatoes for chip potato processing and the fresh market. We have approximately 9 full time employees and most of them have been employed with us for over 10 years. We value our employees time, ideas and efforts and cannot do what we do without them.
We’re hiring a full-time Farm Equipment Operator /Mechanic in Shelbyville, MI. In this role you will be assisting in all farm operations such as operating equipment, trucking, performing light equipment maintenance, assisting with irrigation/fertigation and other general farm work.
We offer competitive compensation based on experience along with health insurance, bonuses, and paid time off. A company vehicle may be offered in certain situations.
This role is for you if you:
- Have prior experience operating heavy equipment on a farm or in a related field such as military or construction.
- Have basic mechanical knowledge and ability to assist with repairs.
- Are highly motivated and a self-starter who enjoys operation farm machinery and working with a team.
- Have the ability to work extended hours during peak season.
What you will be doing:
- Operating farm equipment such as tillage, planters, windrowers, harvesters and other farm equipment.
- Assisting with light equipment maintenance in the shop and in field.
- Hauling seed, fertilizer, fuel to and from main location to fields.
- Assisting with irrigation / fertigation.
- Performing other general farm labor as needed.