Come join our team at Sand Creek Dairy! We are a progressive, Centennial dairy farm in southwest Michigan and currently are milking 1,200 cows with additional heifers on site. We raise our own feed on approximately 2,500 acres with an emphasis on premium forage quality. We are a family-owned operation that prides itself on caring for our animals, crops, and being a great place to work.
We’re hiring immediately for a full-time Farm Equipment Operator/Maintenance/Mechanic person in Hastings, MI (about 45 minutes south east of Grand Rapids). You will be operating various farm equipment such as loaders, tractors, straight trucks and semis. You will assist with maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities and be able to jump in other tasks as needed by the season.
We offer competitive wages based on experience level with benefits, and housing is available if necessary.
You might be the ideal candidate if you:
- Have prior experience operating or repairing heavy equipment or farm equipment as well as experience trouble shooting or repairing a wide variety of machines.
- Preference of candidates with farming and or agricultural background or knowledge.
- Enjoy working out outdoors and are comfortable with the longer hours required during the peak seasons.
- Are known for being a hard worker and are a stickler for the details; if you see something that needs to be done, you’ll take the extra minute to take care of it.
- Are a team player that is good collaborating with other co-workers to produce a quality product as efficiently as possible.
What you would be doing:
- Operating farm equipment and machinery such as loaders, tractors, straight trucks and semis.
- Performing maintenance on equipment and facility repair.
- Assisting in other areas of the farm as needed such as manure handling, feeding cattle, irrigation and cropping systems.