Rich-Ro Dairy is a large, progressive, multi-site dairy and 7,000+ acre operation that is family-owned and operated located in the St. Johns, MI just north of Lansing. We have about 50 full time employees and milk 24 hours a day. We also plant and harvest all our own forages and apply manure to our fields. We are passionate about agriculture, dedicated to the care of our animals and value the relationships we have with our employees.
We’re hiring a full-time, year-round Farm Operator position on our farm focused on our crop/forage operation and facility maintenance. In this role you will be performing a variety of tasks on the farm depending on the season. You will be operating equipment and performing light maintenance on our forage equipment as well as operating our manure dragline systems. You will also be assisting on dairy facility and equipment repair.
We offer a competitive hourly wage rate dependent upon experience and mechanical ability along with a competitive benefits package. There is plenty of room for growth in this role and to take on additional responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- Strong mechanical knowledge with prior maintenance and repair of either farm equipment, industrial equipment and/or heavy equipment.
- Flexibility to assist in multiple areas of the farm and ability to work longer hours during peak season.
- Positive attitude and commitment to grow in your knowledge and experience working with our equipment.
- The ability to work well with others on the team.
What you would be doing in this role:
- Chopping, Hauling Forage, Pushing and Packing Forage, Baling Straw, Field Tillage, Planting: Corn, Alfalfa, Wheat.
- Light maintenance of farm equipment such as tractors, planters, tillage equipment and harvesters (Greasing, oil changes, etc.).
- Pumping Applicating of Manure Spring, Summer, Fall.
- Perform facility and parlor maintenance on mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Winter: Snow Plowing, Haul and Scrape Frozen Manure, Updating and Repair of field equipment, dairy facility repairs. Trim brush and fence lines back on edge of fields. Assist where needed around Dairy Facilities.