Cedar View Farm is a fourth generation, family-owned larger crop operation located in Greencastle, Indiana. Our goal is to improve the land we farm, both in productivity and quality. We focus on good environmental stewardship with our no-till crop and soil conservation practices. We grow mainly corn and soybeans with a mix of wheat and hay depending on the year. We have a highly driven team who share a passion for farming, our Christian principles and enjoy our time at work even during the long hours of the busy season.
We are hiring for a full-time Crop Equipment Operator in Greencastle (45 miles west of Indianapolis). You would be performing a variety of tasks including operating equipment, hauling grain and working at our storage facilities and performing light maintenance on equipment. You would be joining a team of five where it is an “all hands-on deck” mentality, where everyone is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
We are looking for our farm to continue to the next generation. There is potential for personal growth within the operation and we are looking for the right individual who would be career oriented and thinking long-term to our farm and the community we live in.
Our ideal candidate brings
– Pride and focus on paying attention to the details
– Ability to learn and adapt to changing situations
– Ability to operate heavy equipment and perform light maintenance
– Problem-solving skills and ability to think ahead
– Ability to be self-sufficient and productive as well as work with others efficiently
– Shared values of our team which embraces integrity, humbleness, and drive
– Ability and Willingness to obtain CDL
What you would be doing
– Operate farm equipment and haul grain
– Assist with equipment maintenance and repairs
– Assist with drying, storage, and movement of grain
– Maintain an organized and clean appearance of the farm operation, equipment, and grounds
– Assist with ground maintenance and other general farm duties
– Support strong land stewardship and conservation practices of sod waterways, buffer strips, and cover crops
Negotiable, based on experience and level of expertise