Welcome to Creekside Valley Farms located in Oregon’s Fertile Willamette Valley. We’re a diversified farm growing about 12,000 acres where seed crops and hazelnuts are the main commodities. Our main seed crops include grass, radish, and garlic, along with hazelnuts, grapes, blueberries, and apple trees. We perform custom work as well as farm drainage systems. We’ve adapted our farm to the changes in the industry throughout the years, but our values remain the same. Our team is passionate about agriculture, dedicated to working together and thrives with the changing demands of each season.
Join Our Team! We’re hiring for a full-time, year-round Farm Equipment Operator – Applicator – Farm Crew Leader in Dayton, OR. Nationwide relocation assistance is available for the right candidate. You will be operating a spray buggy in the spring accurately applying chemicals to our crops. You will be focused on ensuring accurate rates and monitoring conditions for application. During the summer months you will lead a harvest crew and assist with fall planting.
We Offer a competitive hourly wage of $22-$30/hr based on experience along with health insurance, company vehicle, 401K, company loyalty bonus, paid vacation and sick leave. We also offer one amazing work environment where your efforts and ideas are recognized.
What you would be doing
- Operating farm equipment such as a sprayer.
- Precisely blending and applying fertilizers, pesticides, fungicides, herbicides or insecticides based on prescribed rates and label recommendations.
- Performing preventative maintenance on the sprayer and ensure nozzles, hoses, etc. are working properly.
- Keeping equipment and facilities in good order.
- Maintaining spray logs and weather records.
- Managing chemical inventory.
- Leading a crew during harvest.
This role is for you if you have
- 2+ years’ experience working in agriculture and operating farm equipment, spray application – highly preferred.
- Ability to pay attention to the details.
- Strong personal motivation along with strong moral values and a commitment to the betterment of the operation.
- Ability to work longer hours involved in farming especially during peak seasons.
- Valid driver’s license.
- An applicators license or willingness to obtain.