Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers cooperative located in central and northeastern Nebraska. Established in 2003, CVA has 365 employees across our trade area that provides agronomy, grain, and feed services to over 10,000 farmers and ranchers.
We are currently hiring a Farm Equipment Operator – Applicator for our Fullerton, NE location. As an Applicator at Central Valley Ag, you will be responsible for the application of agronomy products and to perform needed maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs custom application of fertilizers, herbicides and insecticides with dry and liquid machines.
2. Responsible for upkeep and repairs of the application equipment they operate.
3. Understands and complies with safety and governmental regulations.
4. Takes customer orders at liquid, chemical and dry plant.
5. Loads and unloads fertilizer as required at liquid and dry plant.
6. Loads and unloads chemicals at liquid plant.
7. Loads and unloads corn, soybean and alfalfa seed products.
8. Maintains levels at liquid and dry plant.
9. Collects soil samples as needed.
10. Supports in trucking of agronomy products to customers and Central Valley Ag application equipment.
11. Helps in the operations of liquid and dry plant.
12. Provides support in monitoring inventories of bulk tanks.
13. Assists in the physical inventories of agronomy products.
14. Provides assistance in the handling of customer complaints.
15. Helps with sales efforts.
16. Assists in the maintenance of buildings, equipment and vehicles, including necessary documentation.
17. Provides assistance in office operations.
18. Provides excellent customer service and customer relations.
19. Works with supervisor and co-workers to keep errors to a minimum.
20. Ensures paperwork is filled out timely and accurately.
21. Comply with current Central Valley Ag credit policies.
22. Maintains and promotes a safe work environment.
23. Assists other divisions and locations as needed.
24. Performs other duties as assigned.
• General mechanical ability required.
• Integrity and good judgment skills required.
• Excellent customer service skills required.
• Must be a quick learner and have the ability to multi-task.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
• One to three months' related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.