Pecan Grove Farms and Nursery is a leading pecan grower, operating various farms totaling 9,000 acres across Texas. We pride ourselves on our state-of-the-art agribusiness management working towards becoming an industry leader, catering to customers across the globe.
Our company culture is one that “thrives on new ideas, has high respect among one another, knows the numbers, smart, high energy, approachable”. Join a team passionate about high-yielding pecans.
We’re hiring for a full-time, year-round Farm Equipment Mechanic for our Bastrop, TX Farm (SE Austin). This is an entry-level role where you would perform basic repairs, preventative maintenance and operate farm equipment. You will work closely with the Shop Manager on fleet repairs of heavy equipment, tractors, and trucks. We do not work on engine overhauls or transmissions of our own trucks.
We are open to training repairs of our farm equipment to technicians and mechanics with a few years of basic heavy equipment and/or diesel repair from similar industries including construction or military.
We offer competitive compensation, health care benefits, simple IRA, paid time off, and relocation assistance.
This job might be for you if you:
- Are interested in operating equipment and assisting with farming operations
- Enjoy working in an agricultural environment
- Possess basic mechanical skills in a variety of heavy equipment and/or farm equipment
- Are looking for a long-term opportunity to grow your career in agriculture
- Have interpersonal skills, inventory management skills, and computer skills
- Are open to the idea of traveling occasionally to our farms across Texas (10-15% time)
What you would be doing:
- Conduct maintenance and repair farm equipment, trucks, and processing equipment.
- Operate agricultural equipment throughout the season and assist with farming activities.
- Prioritize and schedule maintenance projects in coordination with harvest schedules.
- Execute maintenance on electric and diesel motors, irrigation systems, and hydraulic systems, variable speed drives and equipment fleet.
- Build and execute Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), maintenance plans and record keeping.
- Manage the shop and inventory along with ordering spare parts and ensuring critical parts are on-hand during peak season.
- Ensure workplace safety in a shop environment.
Our agricultural equipment consists of specialty farm equipment such as tractors, shakers, sprayers, and sweepers along with trucks, conveyors, fans, wash flumes, and irrigation pumps.