Farm Engagement Intern
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is Dairy Done Right. As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We re taking a stand for real food, because everyone deserves better.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values.
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values. We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, We believe in Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We Genuinely Care for each other.
What you will do:
The Farm Engagement Intern will manage 1 2 specific projects at TCCA for a duration of 10-12 weeks (40 hours/week) related to farm services, milk quality, and farm store initiatives. This position will also have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and experience about dairy farms, milk quality, animal welfare programs, agricultural communication, and community involvement.
Here s a day in the life:
- Create project plans for form employee training programs, including aggregation of industry resources, streamlined documentation, and expectations for farmers and collaborate with Cascades on HR support for farmers. Organize a member safety seminar and provide format for distribution of resources to Tillamook farmer-owners.
- Conduct technical research and data analysis on milk quality, environmental stewardship, and animal welfare-related topics; communicate technical research to internal teams to enable action internally and externally. Summarize farm services data and contribute to team KPI design and implementation.
- Engage with the Farm Engagement team as well as the broader Stewardship cross-functional team, including dairy farm visits to better understand dairy management, milk quality, and animal welfare; farm store visits to engage with farm-centered retail team; and overall stewardship community events and communications (including June Dairy events, Tillamook County Fair, and other local events.)
Skills you ll need:
Ideal candidates will be pursuing a degree in agricultural or animal sciences, agricultural business or communication.
- Excellent organization, communication, writing, presentation, and project management skills.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams, projects and activities.
- Track record of meeting deadlines and following through on commitments.
- Strong self-starter who is resourceful and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Total command of the English language and demonstrated proficiency using MS Office applications.
- Experience tracking and manipulating large amounts of data, and attention to detail.
- Ability to apply sound business principles and practices to project management and change management processes