Welcome to Creekside Valley Farms located in Oregon’s Fertile Willamette Valley. We’re a diversified farm growing about 12,000 acres where seed crops and hazelnuts are the main commodities. Our main seed crops include grass, radish, and garlic, along with hazelnuts, grapes, blueberries, and apple trees. We perform custom work as well as farm drainage systems. We’ve adapted our farm to the changes in the industry throughout the years, but our values remain the same. Our team is passionate about agriculture, dedicated to working together and thrives with the changing demands of each season.
Join Our Team! We’re hiring for a full-time, year-round Farm Crew Leader – Sprayer Operator in Dayton, OR. In this position you will be in a hands-on leadership roll responsible for spray applications, supervising Applicators, meeting with vendors, planting, overseeing planting operations and leading grass seed harvest.
We Offer a competitive hourly wage along with health insurance, 401K, company loyalty bonus, company vehicle, paid vacation and sick leave. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate. We also offer one amazing work environment where your efforts and ideas are recognized.
This role is for you if you have
- Experience working in agriculture and operating farm equipment, spray application – highly preferred.
- Proven ability to lead and work with a team.
- A passion for farming, equipment, and leading a successful team.
- A positive and optimistic approach to your work.
- Strong personal motivation along with strong moral values and a commitment to the betterment of the operation.
- Ability to pay attention to the details.
- Ability to work longer hours involved in farming especially during peak seasons.
- Valid driver’s license.
- An applicators license or willingness to obtain.
What you would be doing
- Leading a team of Farm Operators and overseeing planting and harvest operations.
- Operating farm equipment such as a sprayer.
- Precisely blending and applying fertilizers, pesticides, fungicides, herbicides or insecticides based on prescribed rates and label recommendations.
- Performing preventative maintenance on the sprayer and ensure nozzles, hoses, etc. are working properly.
- Keeping equipment and facilities in good order.
- Maintaining spray logs and weather records.
- Managing chemical inventory.