The Wonderful Company is dedicated to providing healthy products to consumers and improving the health and wellness of our employees, their families, and the communities in which they live. We are seeking a Physician Assistant or Family Nurse Practitioners to join our Central Valley health and wellness team co-leading primary care at our two onsite clinics, two Charter Schools (Delano, CA and Lost Hills, CA) and occasionally assist on our mobile clinic. Based on the Patient-Centered Medical Home model, the clinics will be able to address a large part of patients’ needs through care teams that include health coaches/educators, nutritionists, and behavioral health professionals and an onsite pharmacy and laboratory.
Our clinicians will enjoy the benefits of smaller panel sizes, closer relationships with patients, no billing and the opportunity to lead systemic change in health care delivery and community prevention while working with a true team. Employees and their family members enjoy the benefits of improved access to care, no co-pays, options for remote encounters (e.g. phone, text messages, and email), group visits, stress reduction, an accessible and transparent medical record, and robust educational offerings.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Ideal candidates will have a strong passion for high quality primary and preventive care, emphasizing continuity, developing lasting caring relationships with a panel of patients, maximizing prevention and health promotion strategies, and managing complex chronic medical conditions. The environment will be dynamic and providers must be comfortable with making adjustments along the way. For the right candidate, this will provide an incredible opportunity to be a part of a team that is evolving a new model for world-class health and wellness that can have an immense positive impact for underserved and vulnerable populations.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- A graduate of an accredited PA or NP/FNP program with national certification.
- Minimum 2-3 years of clinical experience, preferably primary care and/or occupational health.
- California RN license, California PAor NP/FNP certificate and valid DEA number.
- Proficient with technology, including MS office, tablets, smartphones, and EMR systems.
- Strong interest in driving population health.
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish strongly preferred, Medical Spanish a must.
Core Skills and Responsibilities:
- Provide the full spectrum of outpatient primary care for adults and children.
- Collaborate closely with a team: one physician and four health coaches (advocates that will help patients set wellness goals, drive activation, and improve self-efficacy).
- Comfort working with a medically complex population.
- Coordinate and help grow a network of trusted outside medical consultants, hospitalists, emergency room providers, support services and others.
- Lead or support onsite and community-based efforts that aim to drive patient engagement, access, population-based patient management, referral tracking, and clinical quality. performance evaluation.
- Build long-term relationships with employees in the clinic, in the facility, and in the community.
- Ability to explore and address upstream social determinants of patient health with care team.
- Some evening or weekend hours may be needed to support expanded access in the future.
The Wonderful Company provides a competitive salary/bonus plan and excellent benefits packages, which includes malpractice coverage and a 401-K plan with company matching contribution. Relocation and recruitment incentives will be considered. Through collaborations with local residency programs and medical schools, teaching and research opportunities will be available.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Work-Life integration.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 9,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America’s No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America’s No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling luxury Cabernet Sauvignon.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $100 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, nearly $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives in 2015 alone, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.