The F.A.R.M.S. apprenticeship is a six-month intensive front of house paid internship. The program will provide apprentices with detailed hands-on exposure to the many facets of Blue Hill at Stone Barns from the farm to the dining room to insights into the current food system.
The majority of your time will be with the service team at Blue Hill at Stone Barns focusing on the intricacies of front-of-house restaurant management. Apprentices rotate through various positions on the floor, expanding their knowledge of restaurant operations and increasing their level of service acumen. Apprentices attend weekly meetings to discuss readings highlighting the dynamic intersection of resilient agriculture, sustainable food systems and social trends. To deepen their connection to the land, apprentices also volunteer once a week on the farm, working directly with the farmers in the vegetable fields, greenhouse or livestock pastures.
Those committed to pursuing the connection between the farmer, the restaurateur and the guest are invited to join Blue Hill at Stone Barns for a singular six-month program.
- One year of (New York) restaurant experience is preferred.
- Customer-oriented approach.
- Attention to cleanliness and safety.
- Works well in a team.
- The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow oral instructions.
- Flexibility of schedule.
- A high school diploma is preferred; food safety training is a plus.
The physical requirements described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accomodations may be granted to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Initial set up based on supervisor s opening or closing shift duty assignments.
- Assist in setting/clearing tables throughout service.
- Maintain water levels.
- Be prepared to assist in running food.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and apprenticeships start throughout the year. We look forward to hearing from you and please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
More detail about Blue Hill at Stone Barns part of Blue Hill Farm, please visit