- Understand contract creation process and governing trade rules.
- Understand and execute documentation requirements for grain shipments.
- Issue/review load orders to suppliers, recognize logistical needs of customers and internal personnel and understand the coordination needed for documentation flow to meet the needs of contract execution.
- Learn BSM application for Bulk Vessel, Containers and Ocean Freight.
- Understand and use compliance tools and regulations.
- Build rapport with other CHS offices to maintain positive relationships to establish successful contract execution between inter-company offices and profit centers.
- Collaborate with Commodity Traders, logistics and accounting teams to ensure contracts are set up properly, thereby assuring accuracy and consistency in contract execution.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree (additional years of experience may offset degree requirement)
- Up to 2 years of business experience
- Knowledge of conversions from bushels to metric tons/long tons/short tons
- General knowledge of diverse list of agricultural commodities and products
- Understanding of agricultural commodities and their governing contracts
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Grain Merchandising Internship
- Spanish skills: ability to speak, read and write
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.