- Collaborate with Commodity Traders, logistics team and accounting staff to ensure accuracy and consistency in contract execution and applications.
- Understand governing contracts involved in vessel executions, interpret and apply the underlying governing contracts when and where appropriate.
- Review and execute contracts, logistics and documentation; understand the diverse requirements of origins and destination countries; coordinate the logistical needs of documentation flow to meet the specific needs of loading origin and destination countries, considering different rules and regulations including government requirements of both origin and destination.
- Accurately obtain/issue load orders in a timely manner, recognizing the logistical needs of customers and internal personnel.
- Review Statement of Facts and manage all lay time calculations.
- Maintain and review documentation for internal and external audit and trade flow purposes.
- Ensure accuracy of documentation and timely collection and payment of vessel shipments, including oversight of load orders, Statement of Facts and lay time calculations.
- Build a strong rapport with CHS and Cargill offices to establish and maintain positive working relationship and ensure successful contract execution between inter-company offices & profit centers.
- Work with customers and business partners in a professional manner and provide excellent customer service.
- As a primary backup to the rail logistics desk, you will also work closely with railroads and merchandising on logistics planning and communication. As well as learn and demonstrate understanding of railroad logistics, contract management and execution.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or other Ag Business related program with 3 years of experience in export, accounting, and/or logistics. OR Associates degree with 7 years of experience in export, accounting, and/or logistics
- Experience with conversions from bushels to metric tons, long tons, and short tons.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Preferred Qualifications: (required)
- Experience in an agriculture environment.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with products handled by the CHS Grain Marketing Division.
- Strong understanding of agricultural commodities and their governing contracts.
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking preferred)
TEMCO, LLC is a 50/50 joint venture between Cargill and CHS that buys, sells, stores and handles grains for export from the Pacific Northwest. Today, TEMCO employs 50 people and operates 3 Export Terminals in Tacoma, Washington, in Portland, Oregon and in Kalama, Washington. The main bulk products handled are corn, soybeans and wheat. Leveraging the strengths of TEMCO’s parents (CHS and Cargill), including: producer grain origination, operational excellence, rail logistics, ocean freight logistics, financial services, freight forwarding and other supporting functions, TEMCO is well positioned to service both interior USA grain producer customers and overseas customers.
CHS offers a Competitive Salary. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
CHS Inc.’s Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS Inc. as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS Inc. permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.