GROWMARK is a regional cooperative with annual sales of $10 billion (FY2012 data) providing agriculture-related products and services, as well as grain marketing in 31 states and Ontario, Canada. GROWMARK is ranked fifth on the NCB Co-op 100 listing of the nation’s 100 highest revenue-earning cooperative businesses. GROWMARK owns the FS trademark, which is used by affiliated member cooperatives. GROWMARK is large enough to offer solid career opportunities, but small enough to provide a family-oriented, welcoming environment and great benefits.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Serves as the Agronomy Operations intern under the direction of location management, trains and assists with general Agronomy functions to learn the foundation of the system and industry prepare for future career.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Hands-on experience in agronomy field and operations.
• Assist with facility and equipment maintenance and repair.
• Visit FS locations and customers building professional relationships.
• Operate field research and crop monitoring equipment and technology for scouting.
• Apply crop nutrition and crop protection products.
• Gain understanding and experience with ordering, receiving, and inventory control.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
• Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Must be pursuing a degree or certification from a community college, technical college or university and in good academic standing at time the internship begins.
• Must have ability to obtain a CDL and commercials applicator’s license with required endorsements, a satisfactory driving record, and valid medical card.
• Demonstrates ability to work independently.
• Demonstrates essential abilities including communication, customer focus, decision making, and skill development.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
• Must be able to travel independently and overnight when necessary.
• Frequently required to lift 51-70 pounds as needed.
• Frequently exposed and required to work in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, wet, etc.), as well as working at various heights or elevated platforms.
• Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.
GROWMARK, Inc. strives to provide a benefitspackage that delivers competitivepay for performance, recognizes your dedication to our mission and helps us attract and retain the highest caliber of talent. The cornerstone of our benefits package is the company funded, defined benefit pension plan along with health and disability insurance, an employer matched 401k plan, and other voluntary group benefit programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.