POSTING DATES: At least five business days
SUPERVISOR: Adam Kryder & Joel Folgate
LOCATION: Lena, IL
Must be pursuing an agriculture-related degree at a 2-year community or technical college, with a status of freshman or sophomore to be eligible to apply
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
The purpose of this position is to train and assist with general Agronomy functions, learn the foundations of the system and industry, and prepare for future career opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
May train and assist with:
- Hands-on work experience in the agronomy field and operations.
- Facility/equipment maintenance and repair.
- Crop scouting to ensure they meet the appropriate agronomic conditions.
- Application of plant food and crop-protection products to farm fields using modern agriculture equipment.
- Overview of ordering, receiving, and inventory control.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be pursuing an agriculture-related degree at a 2-year community or technical college, with a status of freshman or sophomore in good academic standing at the time the internship begins.
- Must have the ability to obtain a CDL and commercial applicator’s license.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
- Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to travel independently and overnight when necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.