CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities.
We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees’ opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.
This position is responsible for skillfully operating and maintaining farm equipment.
This position reports directly to the Equipment Manager.
In this position you will:
- Operate heavy and light equipment including but not limited to tractors, trucks, pickups, skid steers, loaders, and other equipment as needed
- Optimize practices and utilize the latest ag technology such as GPS and precision ag equipment
- Preform preventive maintenance as recommended by company and related manufacturers
- Keep accurate, complete, and timely records of repair work performed
- Maintain work area, chemical storage area, and equipment in a condition that promotes good safety practices
- Use and maintain all personal protection equipment recommended for each work situation
- Exercise respect and professionalism when working with landowners and other staff
- Take on other tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Walking and working outdoors in the elements
- Ability to bend, squat, twist, and crouch to achieve angle and positions required to perform various repairs
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Driving between farm sites to move supplies
- Regularly handling objects of up to 65 lbs.
Expected Hours of Work
- Typical, daily farm hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Harvest and planting seasons are busy and require longer hours and some weekends
- 2+ years’ experience operating and maintaining farm equipment
- Great problem-solving skills and a desire to be in a self-directed role
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and/or oral instructions
- Ability to maintain accurate, complete, and timely records
- Willingness to work extended hours including weekends and holidays as required by seasonal nature of the business
- Demonstrated strong work-ethic and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Previous experience working with potatoes and irrigated crops is a plus
- Knowledge of crop Agronomics
- Class A CDL
- Proficient bilingual, written and verbal, in Spanish and English is preferred but not required
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire
Compensation and Benefits
- Market competitive salary
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision coverage as outline in the company benefits overview
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses
- 401(k) plan options
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life insurance
- A paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement options
CSS Farms is an EOE.
CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.