Key Cooperative is a member-owned, rural Iowa cooperative serving agriculture producers. We are essential business partners through Agronomy, Energy, Feed & Grain. We have locations in 17 farming communities throughout the state of Iowa.
Who We Are: We’re a sort of family at Key Cooperative. Our people — and our equipment — are important to us, and we take care of both. We can crack jokes and plan parties and celebrate life together. But we know when it’s time to get serious and down to business. And we’ve got each other’s backs — from our members’ to our employees’. We work hard, play hard and care more than most because this is our kind of passion. And our leaders, our peers, our members alike get that, because it’s their kind of passion too.
We are currently hiring an Equipment Operator – Applicator – Operations Specialist to join our team in Grinnell, IA about halfway between Des Moines and Iowa City. In this position you will perform custom application for the location by performing the following duties personally or with the support of other plant personnel. As an operations attendant will also perform duties which may include maintenance of equipment, plant, rolling stock, operation of forklifts, loaders, operating tender trucks, filling and delivering NH3 tanks, loading customers' vehicles with product, unloading of deliveries and other duties as required.
What You Would Be Doing:
- Loads and unloads outbound and inbound inventory.
- Delivers to customers, products and services that are sold by Key Cooperative.
- Precisely blends and custom applies fertilizers and agricultural chemicals based on recommendations and label directions.
- Keeps the Location Manager informed of operational, customer, vendors, or employee issues that may arise.
- Promotes the business with existing and potential customers.
- Projects a positive attitude to customers and employees at all times; exhibits good customer relations skills.
- Performs required preventative maintenance and have all preventive maintenance reports turned in on time.
- Implements, promotes, and supports all Key Cooperative programs.
- Completes all assigned tasks according to work order estimates and their daily work schedule.
- Completes applicator logs and reports on schedule.
- Displays reliable attendance and schedules time-off with advance notice.
Safety & Organization
- Assists in keeping all inside and outside work areas extremely neat and orderly.
- Continuously follows the company employee policies safety guidelines and safety programs established by Key Cooperative.
- Completion of safety reports and required records.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- USDA grain weighing and grading license.
- Pest Control Applicators License of grade 7-E would be beneficial
- Class A CDL with Endorsements or willing to obtain
- A registered technician, or a 1-A applicator's license or willing to obtain along with heavy equipment, construction, and or military equipment experience.