Welcome to Schmidt Brothers! We are a family-owned, wholesale greenhouse grower in Swanton, OH. We’ve been serving our customers with high quality annual flowers for over 80 years. We have a passion for what we do and a passion or providing work to our local community.
We are currently hiring and Equipment and Facility Maintenance person who enjoys working around plants and working in our greenhouses solving everything from water lines not working properly to working on conveyors or packaging equipment.
What We Offer:
Competitive wage based on experience, health insurance, 401k, vacation, and holidays.
We are looking for a full-time, year-round maintenance employee to perform general construction, plumbing, electrical and mechanical equipment maintenance and repairs for the overall facilities and equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs to vehicles, equipment and greenhouses and scheduled maintenance on vehicles including electric vehicle maintenance, equipment and greenhouses.
- Perform routine checks, and repairs to electrical systems.
- Perform service skills including, but not limited to, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, troubleshooting and repair facilities
- Perform routine checks, repairs and basic installations of irrigation system
- Read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required maintenance and service
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma
- At least two (2) years practical experience in commercial maintenance which includes general construction, plumbing and electrical.
- Must be familiar with PLC automated control systems.
- Must have basic knowledge in electrical maintenance.
- Must have hands on experience with irrigation maintenance and installation.
- Must have basic welding and metal fab experience.
- Willing to work in variable weather conditions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work from ladders, scaffolds and hydraulic lifts.
- May be required to work weekends, and overtime as required
- Must possess effect time management and organizational skills, strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, ability to work independently and good interpersonal communication skills
- Valid driver's license.
To apply, please email your resume and contact information to Thaupricht@schmidtbrosinc.com