- Prepare designs and layouts of refinery equipment utilizing 3D modeling (eq CADWORX, PLANT3D), 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD), and manual design methods.
- Project design of assigned projects. Design work may include design of all job components-civil, structural, mechanical, electrical-with required input from various sources, or simple piping isos.
- Interact with operations personnel, maintenance personnel, purchasing department, contractors, and engineers from all disciplines as pertains to projects.
- Understand and help develop pipe specs for various processes and be familiar with pulling bill of material for jobs.
- Ability to assemble project plan sets for civil, structural, mechanical, piping drawings as needed for bidding and construction, update plant drawings and follow-up as-built field markups for record.
- Perform general surveying and plant layout duties to check and setup projects.
- Comprehensive understanding of P&ID’s and utilization to develop project designs based on them.
- Monitor, conduct field inspection, and supervise work of outside contractors, especially those performing design work.
- Assist with estimates to supervisor for annual budget.
- Work with refinery reliability group to support inspection and preventive maintenance programs.
- Perform other duties as requested or needed.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology plus 2 years experience working with engineering design and construction drawings
- or 2 year technical degree or certificate plus 6 years experience working with engineering design and construction drawings
- or 10 years experience working with engineering design and construction drawings
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Proficient with Auto Cad version 2005 or later release
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, design documents, equipment specifications, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment, including respirators
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Six months to 2 years internship and/or working experience in Oil & Gas Industry
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.