In Bayer”s Crop Science division, we shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that helps to nourish our growing world, preserve natural resources and deliver better solutions for all farmers. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive our digital transformation. Our products include high-performance seeds & traits, crop protection solutions, and digital farming tools.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Energy Engineering Intern, are to:
- Assist Facility Manager in creating a site power continuity plan (likely using a combination of new solar installations, backup generators, thermal storage, secondary power lines, etc.) to ensure continuous up time for site electrical systems;
- Analyze data collected from on-site equipment to document energy usage for existing systems and associated equipment;
- Assist facility teams in conducting an energy and reliability assessments of site systems to evaluate energy usage and identify energy conservation measures (ECMs);
- Assist Agronomy Lead in comparing current power usage against agronomic goals;
- Provide a model that can be used to guide decisions about length of time to run grow lights, approaches for cooling (freon chillers versus water-cooled towers), etc to maximize site power use efficiency;
- Assist site leaders in assessing cost/benefits of 1-2 site-level capital improvements (e.g., solar, thermal storage, generators, etc.) that ideally improve both overall site uptime and use of renewable energy and other ECMs;
- Share findings and methods with other Bayer teams in the Hawaii/Marana Region.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor”s degree program in Engineering, Environmental Science/Studies or another relevant technical field;
- Interest in HVAC systems, renewable energy systems (e.g., solar, thermal storage, etc.) and energy efficiency concepts;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to interact with team members at various levels in a professional manner, contribute ideas, and seek resolution to issues that may arise;
- Demonstrated problem solving, planning and time management skills;
- Capability to learn quickly and a willingness to ask questions;
- Willing to work “hands on” with machinery;
- Proficiency in the creation of technical documentation.
- Studying in Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Process Engineering, or Systems Engineering;
- Experience or familiarity with reliability and maintenance concepts Project Management.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.