Position at JBS USA Food Company
Purpose & Scope:
The employee relations manager is responsible for managing a range of activities related to employee relations and staffing functions.
Principle Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Directs and coordinates preparation of position descriptions, ensures FLSA classification compliance and oversees job evaluations.
• Provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy and employment laws.
• Conducts on-boarding and orientation functions to ensure new employee engagement and compliance with training requirements.
• Administers unemployment insurance processes, reviews liability reports, monitors program costs and recommends policy changes to management of human resources.
• Directs the development of staffing strategies and initiatives.
• Develops and builds hiring processes for a variety of levels.
• Develops, streamlines and enhances staffing systems, tracking reporting and analysis.
• Leads sourcing and recruiting initiatives and processes to leverage networking and employee referrals.
• Handles college relations and internship programs.
• Manages relocation, immigration and other responsibilities related to staffing administration.
• Ensures compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment regulations.
Work Environment: This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Visits to farms and an understanding of the farm environment is required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
• This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
• No travel is expected for this position other than occasional travel to recruiting events or corporate training.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human resource management or related field or equivalent level of experience, training and education.
• Two years of experience in employment, human resources environment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Knowledge of immigration laws and processes
• General knowledge of hog production environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
• Extensive knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
JBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled