Bunge (www.bunge.com , NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oil seed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve in over 60 countries. The company is headquartered in New York and has 31,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 360 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain silos, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Primary responsibility is the operation of the grain elevator as it pertains to loading, unloading and transferring grain and grain products in an efficient, safe and sanitary manner. Also assists or leads in all other aspects of grain handling, storage, maintaining facilities/equipment and elevator operations.
- Ability to operate and monitor more advanced grain handling equipment (grain dryer, grain control room, bin sweeps and locomotives) on a routine basis.
- Perform housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- Ability to perform and fix more complex maintenance issues. (fabrication, repairs, etc.)
- Know and understand all facets of Bunge’s safety programs and culture, has a strong working knowledge of safety procedures and environmental regulations, demonstrates safe working practices and has the ability to notify operations of safety alarms.
- Responsible for properly and accurately recording all applicable documentation.
- Performs grain receiving, weighing and grading duties and helps with unloading/loading trucks, barges and rail.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent desired
- 2+ years of experience
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safety conscious environment
- Ability to work in a highly quality controlled environment.
- Skilled in maintenance, equipment operations, safety programs and grain operations
- Ability to lead others and maintain a good working relationship with other facility personnel.
- Welding and light fabrication preferred
- Agricultural experience preferred
- Work under minimal supervision and may assist less experienced peers
- Has a sound understanding of elevator operations.
- Strong working knowledge of safety procedures and demonstrates safe working practices.
Work Hours and Conditions
Harvest Season Hours (60 plus per week)
Non Harvest Season Hours (40-50 per week)
- Walking on catwalks at a variety of heights
- Climbing stairs and ladders
- Lifting up to 75 lbs
- Shoveling product
- Entering and working in confined spaces
- Working at heights up to 200 ft. with appropriate safety equipment
- Working outdoors in a broad range of climate conditions
- Working over water
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Baton Rouge
Job Segment: Agricultural, Housekeeping, Engineer, Welding, Equipment Operator, Healthcare, Agriculture, Engineering, Manufacturing