Bunge (www.bunge.com , NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oil seed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve in over 60 countries. The company is headquartered in New York and has 31,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 360 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain silos, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Primary responsibility is the operation of the grain elevator as it pertains to loading, unloading and transferring grain and grain products in an efficient, safe and sanitary manner. Also assists or leads in all other aspects of grain handling, storage, maintaining facilities/equipment and elevator operations.
• Assists in all areas of the loading, unloading and transferring of grain and grain products for truck, barge, rail (location specific) and inspects barges, trucks and railcars before loading.
• Gauges and reports product levels in grain storage, trucks, barges and railcars
• Perform housekeeping and cleaning duties and assists in basic maintenance activities
• Know and understand all facets of Bunge’s safety programs and culture, lead safety talks and recognize HPE’s and other job related hazards around the facility.
• Performs grain receiving, weighing and grading duties and visually monitors grain and grain products for irregularities.
• Ability to operate more advanced equipment and help with larger maintenance projects
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent desired
• 1-2 years of experience
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a safety conscious environment
• Ability to work in a highly quality controlled environment.
• Proficient operating basic equipment (mower, tractor, boat, etc.)
• Some mechanical background including the ability to recognize signs of operation failure
• Ability to maintain a good working relationship with other facility personnel.
• Agricultural experience preferred
Work Hours and Conditions:
Harvest Season Hours (60 plus per week)
Non Harvest Season Hours (40-50 per week)
• Walking on catwalks at a variety of heights
• Climbing stairs and ladders
• Lifting up to 75 lbs
• Shoveling product
• Entering and working in confined spaces
• Working at heights up to 200 ft. with appropriate safety equipment
• Working outdoors in a broad range of climate conditions
• Working over water
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Carbondale
Job Segment: Sustainable Agriculture, Agricultural, Housekeeping, Engineer, Equipment Operator, Agriculture, Healthcare, Engineering, Manufacturing