Founded in 1818, Bunge is a leading agribusiness and food company with integrated operations that circle the globe, stretching from the farm field to the retail shelf. Bunge has 35,000 plus employees at more than 400 facilities in 40 countries.
Bunge’s North American operations supply raw and processed agricultural commodities and specialized food ingredients to a wide range of customers in the animal feed, food processor, foodservice and bakery industries. With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, Bunge North America and its subsidiaries operate grain elevators, oilseed processing plants, edible oil refineries and packaging facilities, and corn, wheat and rice mills in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Primary responsibility is the operation of the grain elevator as it pertains to loading, unloading and transferring grain and grain products in an efficient, safe and sanitary manner. Also assists or leads in all other aspects of grain handling, storage, maintaining facilities/equipment and elevator operations.
• Assists in all areas of the loading, unloading and transferring of grain and grain products for truck, barge, rail (location specific) and inspects barges, trucks and railcars before loading.
• Gauges and reports product levels in grain storage, trucks, barges and railcars
• Perform housekeeping and cleaning duties and assists in basic maintenance activities
• Know and understand all facets of Bunge’s safety programs and culture, lead safety talks and recognize HPE’s and other job related hazards around the facility.
• Performs grain receiving, weighing and grading duties and visually monitors grain and grain products for irregularities.
• Ability to operate more advanced equipment and help with larger maintenance projects
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent desired
• 1-2 years of experience
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a safety conscious environment
• Ability to work in a highly quality controlled environment.
• Proficient operating basic equipment (mower, tractor, boat, etc.)
• Some mechanical background including the ability to recognize signs of operation failure
• Ability to maintain a good working relationship with other facility personnel.
• Agricultural experience preferred
Work Hours and Conditions:
Harvest Season Hours (60 plus per week)
Non Harvest Season Hours (40-50 per week)
• Walking on catwalks at a variety of heights
• Climbing stairs and ladders
• Lifting up to 75 lbs
• Shoveling product
• Entering and working in confined spaces
• Working at heights up to 200 ft. with appropriate safety equipment
• Working outdoors in a broad range of climate conditions
• Working over water
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Joplin
Job Segment: Agricultural, Housekeeping, Engineer, Equipment Operator, Supply, Healthcare, Agriculture, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations