The primary responsibilities of this role, Electrical Engineer Form North, are to:
- Understand, follow and participate in the upkeep of Bayer electrical norms, practices, standards, guidelines, and procedures staying current with industry standards, technology and improved safety methods;
- Support improvement projects (safety, yields, capacity, quality, reliability and cost improvement), including alternatives and cost benefit analysis, as needed;
- Specify instruments (flow, pressure, temperature, etc.), control devices, motors, and other electrical components;
- Review and evaluate vendor information for instrumentation and electrical components and determine suitability for specific project applications;
- Prepare maintenance plans for restoring equipment to operating condition in a minimum amount of time, balancing repair cost and minimizing future failures;
- Assist other area engineers (production, process, electrical, project) and technicians as needed in reference to instrumentation performance;
- Create and modify documentation related to process operation, safety, and applicable environmental regulations, as needed, including electrical drawings and engineering flow diagrams/P&ID diagrams;
- Promote continued development of self and area personnel with peer coaching and constructive feedback;
- Comply with site safety rules and actively work to improve safety through coaching or engineered improvements;
- Support site and Area Production System improvements, and One Product Supply System (onePSS).
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related science, including May 2020 graduates.
- Working knowledge of Engineering tools and software and ability to read and understand process flow diagrams, line drawings P&ID and schematics;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and inclusive culture;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a high degree of personal initiative;
- Make timely decisions and improve results;
- Express ideas and information, orally and/or in writing, in a clear, concise and understandable manner.
- Coop or Intern Electrical Engineering experience;
- Experience in Chemical or Manufacturing environment.