At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019 and Diversity Inc as #12 on the Top 50 Companies for Diversity. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Diverse Leaders Program (DLP) – MBA Class of 2020
Where the Chemistry Happens…
BASF’s Diverse Leaders Program (DLPs) provides highly motivated, mobile-minded current university students or MBA graduates within the past 5 years an opportunity to enhance their leadership expertise and continue on an executive development path through strategic, immersive learning experiences. Participants will contribute to real-world assignments within different domestic locations. They will explore career options that will provide them the opportunity to deliver and impact our business and customers. Participants also have the opportunity to assess their capabilities, skills, and interests and gain valuable exposure to BASF’s culture, values, and decision-makers.
Join a company that is recognized for its commitment to leading edge talent development as evidenced by consistent ranking in DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity seven years in a row!
Leveraging your project management experience, you will gain hands-on experience in global business topics to deliver strategic impact
- Upon your completion of the initial 12-month assignment, you will either be directly placed in a full-time role, or placed in a 6-12 month project in a Business or Function with the potential for placement following completion
- Leveraging your leadership capabilities, you will manage multiple stakeholders and partner across the organization to ensure business growth, while providing visibility to senior leaders across the organization
- This program is targeted towards traditionally underrepresented cultural groups, including but not limited to African American, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander descent
- Potential start dates are June and August of 2020
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
We’ll be recruiting and interviewing at the following conferences:
National Black MBA – Houston, TX
09/26 – 09/27 – DLP MBA Interviews
Prospanica – Orlando, FL
10/31 – 11/1 – DLP MBA Interviews
Candidates pre-selected for an interview will participate in a one-hour panel interview with three to four BASF representatives while at National Black MBA and Prospanica Conferences. Candidates receiving a full-time DLP MBA job offer will be invited to participate in a BASF Site visit in New Jersey on October 22, 2019. Additional details will be provided to applicable candidates.
Interested in seeing where BASF is recruiting next? Visit www.basf.com/universitycareers to get the latest information on our upcoming events and to pre-register!
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success:
- Upcoming MBA graduates pursuing a career in General Management (graduating between December 2019 – August 2020) or those who have received their MBA within the past 5 years.
- Demonstrated academic achievement
- Maximum of 7-10 years’ work experience prior to earning your MBA
- International exposure or experience preferred
- Significant fiscal oversight experience
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or future sponsorship