Saputo -> Saputo Dairy Foods USA
Distribution Center Manager
Plant City, FL 33566 US (Primary)
Saputo Dairy Foods Applicant (SDF Only)
Minimal, but some travel may be required.
At Saputo, we make contributions that matter every day. We’re a growing team of dedicated and passionate people around the world with a longstanding history of excellence. Each of our employees bring their best every day and together we create high-quality products our customers and consumers enjoy.To learn more visit us at http://www.saputo.com/en/careers
WHAT YOU WILL DO AT SAPUTO
The Distribution Center Manager provides leadership and direction to the warehouse / shipping / supply chain teams, areas of responsibility including administration, shipping/receiving, transportation, re-supply, customer service, scheduling employees, sanitation, quality, safety and environmental. He/she works with Plant Manager and/or Operations Manager as the liaison between the Plant and other departments including Sales, Distribution, Transportation, Re-Supply, and local, state and federal regulatory agency representatives.
- Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the distribution department in an organized, safe and sanitary work environment that is in compliance with the Company’s policies, OSHA and regulatory requirements.
- Forecasts and communicates the load out schedules with in-house distribution teams and outside logistics contractors to ensure the timely and accurate load out and receiving of all products.
- Is responsible for P&L, expense management and control, including cooler dump, labor and overhead costs utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- Monitors, on a daily basis, the inventory and codes of all products in the cooler to ensure proper rotation and traceability of all items.
- Ensures all transactions are recorded timely and accurately, to reflect a correct inventory position at any time. These include shipments, donations, product loss and damage.
- Ensures full compliance with all quality assurance standards, especially good housekeeping and overall cleanliness of products and work areas.
- Monitors and strives to achieve the successful attainment of the Sales to Service Metrics targeted.
- Contains and/or reduces cost and drives productivity within the department.
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
- Actively support internal and external audits.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, training, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Provides employee leadership directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
- Trains, instructs, engages and mentors employees in regard to work performed in shipping and warehouse. Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
- Adhere to the Saputo Code of Ethics and actively apply the Saputo Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHO IS RIGHT FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in Distribution or Supply Chain capacity.
- Internal Candidates: A minimum of 5 years hands-on plant experience in the dairy plant or food industry operations, with a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Health and Safety, and Workers Compensation compliance and experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, computer-based applications, WMS systems experience, SAP preferred.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to successfully lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
WHAT CAN SAPUTO DO FOR YOU?
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or Deltek.Support@Saputo.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran statusus. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice – California Candidates
- What is the Purpose of this Privacy Notice?
- Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC (“the Company,” “Saputo,” “our” or “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use and disclose personal information about you in connection with the recruitment process, including through our applicant tracking system or otherwise via e-mail or the Saputo communications platform (collectively the “Candidate Portal“). It applies to all current and former candidates.
- This Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this Privacy Notice at any time.
- This Privacy Notice applies in connection with your application for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). Should you be successful in your application, your personal information will then be held in accordance with our Privacy Notice for California Employees, Contractors and Workers.
- It is important that you read this Privacy Notice, together with any other Privacy Notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.