Agtegra Cooperative is looking to hire a Dispatcher/Operations Supervisor for the Huron, SD, location.
The Dispatcher/Operations Supervisor ensures that Agtegra customers’ expectations are being met in the most efficient manner as possible; Focus on quality of application work being performed, maintenance of custom application fleet, and training and trouble shooting for new and existing applicators. The Dispatcher/Operations supervisor will act as an assistaint and a back up to the Dispatcher/Assistant Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Dispatcher/ Assistant Manager in organizing orders and fertilizer loads to keep all equipment moving in the most efficient manner.
- Quality assurance of application work, training and start up for new and exsiting applicators.
- Coordinate and assure maintenance of application and tendering equipment.
- Train and troubleshoot for new and existing applicators
- In coordination with the warehouse personnel account for, maintain, and reconcile all inventory of custom applied chemical and fertilizer.
- Operates facility under EPA, OSHA, and Department of Agriculture laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Attends weekly sales and marketing meetings to ensure that information between sales and operation are communicated and understood.
- Ensures maps and directions are clear for applicators.
- Works closely with agronomists and custom applicators to ensure equipment is dispatched to customers timely and efficiently.
- Assists Location Manager in planning for future operations needs of the location.
- Attends regular supervisor meetings to help organize and communicate action plans to ensure maximum daily efficiency for employees and equipment.
- Coordinates with other area supervisors to promote teamwork within the employee group; demonstrates teamwork by assisting in other areas as needed.
Education and Experience Required:
- 100,000 acres custom application experience.
- good people skills, communication, problem solving and customer service.
- High school or general education degree (GED); or 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous logistics, Agris software, and DOT regulations knowledge can be beneficial.
Health Insurance, Vision/Dental Insurance, Pension plan, 401k, Clothing Allowance, Paid time off, Holidays, Education Assistance and MORE!