In Bayer”s Crop Science division, we shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that helps to nourish our growing world, preserve natural resources and deliver better solutions for all farmers. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive our digital transformation. Our products include high-performance seeds & traits, crop protection solutions, and digital farming tools.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Discovery Scientist Intern, are to:
- Be familiar with the physiology background, collect phenotypic data and analyze the native traits from different environments;
- Understand the genetic architecture of the traits through genetic and genomic analysis;
- Design and test breeding schemes in silico to identify the optimal strategy to improve traits of interest;
- Participate the establishment of hybrid wheat precision breeding;
- Collaborate with internal teams of experts (analytical labs, geneticists, biometricians) and communicate results.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Master”s degree or Ph.D. program in Plant Breeding, Genetics, Statistics or Bioinformatics;
- Experience with genetic/genomic analyses and with defining marker-trait associations in order to enable marker-assisted selection for native traits;
- Familiarity with and a demonstrated ability to perform data analysis with large datasets.
- Previous experience with wheat.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.