Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Director of Operations Vermont Creamery
Under the direction of the President of Vermont Creamery, the Director of Operations provides leadership in the development and implementation of rapid growth and integration strategies that align with Vermont Creamery enterprise strategy and Land O’Lakes Dairy Foods business objectives. This strategic role requires leadership in the area of infrastructure scaling, development and implementation of supply chain strategies that support the business’ rapid growth, quality, food safety, cost, employee health and safety, innovation and customer-facing objectives, while meeting enterprise mission and culture goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Key member of the Business Leadership Team (executive team) responsible for leading and execution of operations and supply chain elements of the business.
- Develops and executes long-term strategies and objectives that support aggressive volume, revenue, financial returns and profit growth of the business.
- Provides business-wide expertise in areas of responsibility.
- Proactively diagnoses business opportunities/threats and recommends appropriate actions.
- Champions change management and culture enhancement.
- Ensures that overall supply chain and operation strategy is aligning with portfolio and brand objectives, innovation and new product launch, cost, scalability, company mission and B Corp certification, inclusive of environmental impact, sustainable sourcing goals, culture and community.
Supply Chain and Manufacturing Leadership:
- Develops key strategies and budgets to scale manufacturing assets to meet portfolio, capacity, safety and food safety objectives within annual and long-term capital resources, in partnership with business cross-functional teams.
- Accountable to work closely and collaboratively with Land O’Lakes core supply chain team to integrate key supply chain and manufacturing processes as a growth enabler and share small innovative best business practices.
- Champions integration guiding principles to leverage the strengths of both organizations while maintaining the successful Vermont Creamery innovation-driven culture.
- Develops and manages budget execution with focus on costs, margins and financial returns.
- Provides dynamic leadership in continuous improvement initiatives to successfully meet and exceed established goals.
- Creates and implements infrastructure upgrade sequencing strategies to ensure business continuity, support of annual volume goals, customer goals and change management.
- Partners with core Land O’Lakes Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Engineering, R&D, Planning/Logistics, Procurement and EHS functions to prioritize and implement key process integration to enable growth and mitigate risks.
- Accountable for assuring that all products and processes meet or exceed internal and external regulatory and customer standards.
Organization and Talent Leadership:
- Leads and inspires management team and manufacturing staff during time of change and rapid growth via positive reinforcement, empowering talents, sharing success and broader strategies.
- Passion to focus on developing talents that will enable the long-term business, mission and people-centric culture goals. Focuses on coaching and mentoring for succession development.
- Leads operation’s change management strategy to align structure, talents, resources, process and systems to enable growth and business objectives.
- Fosters culture of “Bettermakers” through team engagement, agility, creativity, accountability and appreciation for sustainable good food and mission-led brands.
- Champions Vermont Creamery core values of empowerment, transparency, collaboration, innovation, and responsibility – demonstrates commitments to those values in every day behaviors and decision making.
Competencies, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Food/Dairy manufacturing processes, and regulatory requirements, including the ability to translate internal company requirements to broad internal and external audiences.
- Inspiring leader committed to developing a high performing, cohesive, and overachieving team by selecting, coaching and empowering top talent with a strong commitment to Vermont Creamery.
- Ability to link operation and supply chain goals with broader corporate mission goals and B Corp certification.
- Excellent communicator, influencer and negotiator, to work cross-functionally with multiple departments and leadership levels.
- Intelligent, fast-learner, strategic and innovative thinker, agile, and comfortable with continuous change.
- Ability to think strategically or act tactically, managing large capital infrastructure upgrades while acting with a scrappy and nibble entrepreneurial mindset.
- Comfortable with financial planning, P&L and budgeting, and ability to deliver on annual objectives and long-term investments and return metrics.
- Must be attentive to detail and have good organizational skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Business Administration, Supply Chain/Operations, Engineering, Food Sciences, or equivalent.
- 10+ years of Supply Chain and Manufacturing leadership experiences.
- Experience with infrastructure and business scaling, rapid growth, change management and cultivating great company culture.
- Experience with a fast-growing brand gaining national footprint through retail distribution expansion and product innovation launches.
- Food experience is a MUST
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy