The Director of Agronomy will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and running all aspects of an agronomy division. To be successful in this role, applicants must be customer-focused, have proven past experience and know how to engage all areas across the division. This includes being hands-on to evaluate each of the moving parts to ensure maximum performance is achieved.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the CEO and leadership team to lead the Agronomy team in accordance with the company values and goals. Be the link between ‘what is needed’ and ‘how to accomplish it.
- Provide employee leadership, management and development to current team members and partner with the Director of Sales to maximize the talent within the team. This includes actively supporting employee growth through professional development, reviews and training opportunities.
- Engage operations, logistics and technology to manage agronomy services offered and guide direction to best serve customer needs.
- Partner with Agronomy Location Mangers to share department goals & results. Create the link that takes individual locations and strengthens them into a more productive unit. This will be done through innovative communication and working one-on-one with location managers.
- Serve as a financial advisor of the division by reviewing P&L and oversee purchasing of agronomy products. Some Risk Management will be required where a hedging background is helpful.
- Partner with the Director of Safety and Compliance to ensure environmental compliance in safety programs, assessing safety procedures and supervising record keeping. Including initiating innovative topics for safety meetings.
- Ensure facilities and equipment are well maintained, organized and appropriate records are kept for both compliance and replacement schedules.
- Must have an agricultural background with at least 10 years of management experience.
- At least 10 years’ experience in diversified areas of agronomy with measurable results.
- Exceptional communication skills and have the ability to effectively interact with all areas of the business from customers, to employees to senior leaders.
- Strong financial skills with experience in creating and tracking budgets, purchasing and pricing, as well as the computer skills to track these areas.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter who has the ability to coach and motivate teams
The cooperative is an equal opportunity employer that offers completive pay and benefits