The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This role will provide technical support to the Crop Advisors and other teams to maximize the Company's effort to capitalize on the potential of Precision Agriculture. While providing technical support to the sales team, will also assess the need for continued education and provide training in the Ag Technology area. Supports the integrated advances in technology into the business infrastructure in order to provide solutions to identifiable customer needs for products and services. This position will be based out of Pasco, WA.
- Providing technical help and troubleshooting; provide solutions. Assist in installation and ongoing monitoring/maintenance of equipment and upgrades in the field. Provide administrative support where possible.
- In partnership with Manager and/or Senior Digital Sales Advisor, provides planning and conducts an agronomy program that is supportive of area marketing strategies and product services sales goals.
- Responsible for mapping including generating prescription maps; field; variable rate irrigation; yield analysis; boundary. Making recommendations for zone creation and geo-spatial analysis.
- Assist the Crop Advisors with soil sampling, collection of data.
- Maintains precision ag equipment and makes recommendations to customers regarding equipment. Design and collection of test plot data.
Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
3+ years related experience and/or training
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for meeting the minimum requirements.
Ability to make site-specific input recommendations and conduct formal presentations, ability to display work in writing and statistics, ability to interpret research data and to make reasonable recommendations.
Position will require traveling up to 50% of the time.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**