Welcome to Wickham Tractor Company! We are a family-owned, multi-location ag dealership. Our goal is to be the premier dealer of choice in the Farming, Commercial Agriculture, Light Industrial, Powersports and Lifestyle Equipment User industries. Selling and servicing Case IH, Kubota, Great Plains, Krone, and more, we are committed to providing an excellent experience for our customers to help build and retain them as lifelong members of the WTC family.
We’re hiring for a Diesel Service Technician Lead at our Greeley, Colorado location. In this hands-on lead role, you'll mainly focus on International diesel trucks (semi-trucks). Our ideal candidate has semi-truck experience, strong diagnostic experience, and leadership skills. We are open to candidates who have not managed but are looking to take the next step into management.
We offer exciting and challenging opportunities, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits package and performance-based incentives.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Communicate directly with customers on service requests.
- Build and maintain strong long-term customer relationships.
- Manage and train service technicians.
- Monitor the efficiency of the shop and the quality of service performed.
- Accurately process department paperwork, including service work orders, invoices, and warranty claims.
- Ensure all shop facilities, department tools, equipment, and service vehicles are in good, safe working condition.
- Prioritize projects and schedule team appropriately during peak seasons.
- Perform diagnostic skills and plan effective and efficient machinery repairs
- Effectively access and use resources such as Navistar, DIS, Cummins Insite, and technical support in diagnosing and repairing machinery.
- Order parts and ensure accurate inventory levels.
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop consistent with professional image.
- Ability to handle ongoing interruptions while maintaining a friendly and professional attitude.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in all aspects of business, including communication with customers, employees, management, and vendors.
- Timely submission of completed paperwork; include well-written descriptions of work completed to ensure the customer has a complete understanding of the work performed and/or the warranty can be easily submitted
- Complete all duties in a manner consistent with established safety policies and procedures, assist others in observing safety, and set an above-standard safety example.
- Complete all duties in a manner consistent with Wickham Tractor's mission, vision, value, and philosophy.
- Follow all company standards based on the employee, drug & alcohol and safety handbooks.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
- Required to perform work inside and outside, in all-weather situations (some field work required), and at the shop division location.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending, or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, fine manipulation, and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery.
- Ensure safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Accountable for all dealership owned tools.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
- Diesel Engine Technology Certifications/Education preferred.
- Candidate must have experience diagnosing and repairing semi-trucks.
- Candidate must be a motivated individual who can work independently.
- Selected candidate will be required to attend training sessions for products serviced by the company at the company's expense.
- Candidate must possess a complete set of hand tools with rollaway toolbox.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
In accordance with Wickham Tractor Company policies, this position does require the successful candidate to undergo a motor vehicle insurability screening.