Responsible for design of GSI’s IS brand of Commercial Material Handling Products. Responsibilities include configuration of and custom design of current product line to meet customer order requirements as well as design and development of new product.
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Configuration and Design of Variations of Current Product to meet customer order requirements.
- Create 3-D models using Creo software
- Responsible for bills of materials.
- Work with appropriate functional areas to understand the Voice of the Customer and verify product requirements and cost targets.
- Analyze and identify risks
- Perform design calculations and necessary analysis, including computer simulations
- Coordinate/perform product tests on concept and prototype builds as required
- Work closely with Sales, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, R&T, Technical Service, etc to deliver product designs which meet business requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience of design/product engineering preferred
- Solid Modeling Proficiency Required – Creo Proficiency Strongly Preferred
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing for sheet metal production, machining, and assembly preferred
- Strong communication, organization, and presentation skills required
- Understanding and appreciation of mechanical design and engineering best practices, utilizing 3D modeling for various materials and manufacturing processes.
- Strong time-management and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented, fast paced, and flexible environment
- Ability to work either independently or in a team setting demonstrating a positive work attitude
- Good mechanical & technical aptitude with the ability to deliver innovative products
- Strong Windows and Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in the Agricultural Industry a plus
- Strong project management skills, including building project schedules, resourcing, tracking, and reporting status a plus
- Proven, Strong work ethic required
BS in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering, or a related technical field required
GSI Omaha is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected group status as provided by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Agricultural, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Design Engineer, Machinist, Agriculture, Engineering, Manufacturing