This position is designed as a SES, General. USDA structures its SES positions into position levels for initial appointment to the SES. This is a position level 1 with a salary range of $166,501- $171,000 per year.
Exceptions to the salary cap for initial appointment to the SES may be considered in certain circumstances. SES employees are also eligible to receive performance-based awards/salary gains. Visit http://www.opm.gov/ses/ for additional information and benefits for SES employees.
Learn more about this agency
- The Director, Contracting and Procurement is responsible for providing executive oversight, strategic planning and overall vision to an acquisition program that processes over 70,000 awards worth about $6 billion annually.
- Provides guidance to the Associate Director and Division Directors in development of comprehensive strategic and long range plans to foster the effective and efficient.
- Provides day-to-day oversight to subordinate supervisors in management of Departmentwide acquisitions for supplies, services, and equipment for use by multiple agencies, including acquisition of Federal Information Processing equipment and services.
- Participates in the development and administration of Department principles, policies, and objectives supporting procurement, property management, and internal environmental and radiation safety.
- Ensures OPPM compliance with government-wide and Department-wide policies and regulations governing procurement and property management and internal environmental and energy conservation issues.
- Responsible for oversight and executive leadership of OMB scorecard programs relating to e-Government, real property, environment, transportation, and energy management programs.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.