This position is designed as a SES, Career-Reserved or General. USDA structures its SES positions into position levels. This is a position level three with a salary range of $186,501- $197,300 per year. Exceptions to the salary cap may be considered in certain circumstances. SES employees are also eligible to receive bonuses and performance-based awards. Visit http://www.opm.gov/ses/ for additional information and benefits for SES employees.
Learn more about this agency
- Participates fully with the Administrator and other key officials in implementing and ensuring the compliance of regional operations for FNS programs.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the leadership and coordination of seven regional offices (managed by ES level regional level administrators) , state support operations, and emergency management activities across the Nation.
- Plans, develops, directs and coordinates activities relating to program oversight.
- Develops, directs and coordinates the execution of approved policies, programs, and plans.
- The position has delegated authority to represent and communicate with the highest level of state government leadership necessary to secure commitments to improve management of FNS programs and agency priorities.
- Develops and implements policy within broad bounds and authority delegated and in coordination with the Administrator, recommending and justifying policy and program proposals as required.
25% or less – You may be expected to travel for this position.