Your tasks and responsibilities The primary responsibilities of this role, Deputy Director HEOR Research, are to:
- Lead the development and implementation of the US HEOR strategies for certain product portfolio(s);
- Responsible for HE&OR plan and integrate as part of the US brand plan;
- Design and conduct studies including outcomes, economics, and epidemiology studies;
- Ensure timely development of high quality AMCP dossiers, budget impact models and other supporting materials for managed care organizations (MCO);
- Provide pricing and reimbursement strategies in the US market;
- Lead US multifunctional team (clinical, MSLs, marketing, NHS) to develop health economics value;
- Interact with MCOs, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), KOLs to deliver value messages for product pricing and reimbursement and utilization;
- Approve special therapeutics ISS studies as key member of ISS committee;
- Develop communication/publication strategies for HEOR;
- Manage budget for HEOR studies;
- Ensure US HEOR strategies are aligned with US medical, marketing as well as GHEOR;
- Make recommendations to the head of US HEOR for organizational structure;
- Monitor any US policy and reimbursement changes;
- This position has to be able to lead cross-functional teams and demonstrate leadership in the health economics and outcomes research and in managing multiple projects; to manage external vendors for the research/business directions in addition to budget negotiation;
- Represents Research Strategy as liaison to post-doctoral fellowship and academic internship rotations.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- The qualifications for this position are an educational background of MS.c./MPH, Pharm.D., Ph.D. or other equivalent degree in the healthcare field and more specifically in health economics, outcomes research, epidemiology, economics or a related field; PhD Preferred
- At least 5 years progressive experience in health economics and outcomes research in pharmaceutical industry;
- At least 1-2 year”s experiences in managing project teams an asset;
- Sound understanding of health economic research principles, ability to think strategically and make sound health economic and business decisions;
- Sound understanding of pricing, reimbursement and government agency requirements as well as the competitive economic dynamics of pharmaceutical industry in key markets;
- Excellent communication skills and good understanding in the multicultural corporate environments;
- Ability to think strategically and make sound health economic and business Decisions;
- This position requires a minimum 20-40% travel.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.