The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Scientist, Breeding, are to:
- Provide technical contributions in a fast-paced team environment to accelerate our efforts on building an analytics-driven product pipeline;
- Perform, independently, statistical analysis, computer programming, predictive modeling and experimental design;
- Build cross-functional relationships to collaboratively partner with the business and effectively network within the Data Science Community;
- Use advanced mathematical models, machine learning algorithms, operations research techniques, and strong business acumen to deliver insight, recommendations, and solutions (Genomics team may use, contribute to the development of code, bioinformatic analyses pipelines, computational tools, and databases for mining and visualizing large genomic data sets);
- Develop sustainable, consumable, accurate, and impactful reporting on model inputs, model outputs, observed outputs, business impact, and key performance indicators;
- Present compelling, validated stories to all levels of organization, including peers, senior management, and internal customers to drive both strategic and operational changes in business;
- Develop Code;
- Domain Knowledge and Consult Industry Experts.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor”s degree with at least five years of experience or master”s degree with at least two years of experience or Ph.D.;
- Educational preparation or applied experience in at least one of the following areas, Machine Learning, Electrical/Industrial Engineering, Operation Research, Statistical Genetics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Genomics, Computational Biology, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or other related quantitative discipline;
- Demonstrate intermediate proficiency in computational skills and level of experience building data models using R, Python or other statistical and/or mathematical programming packages;
- Strong proficiency in predictive modeling-to include comprehension of theory, modeling/identification strategies and limitations and pitfalls;
- Intermediate proficiency in machine learning algorithms and concepts;
- Experience in successful delivery of valuable analysis through application of domain knowledge;
- Evidence of ability to strong business acumen;
- Strong communication competencies to include presentations and delivery of complex quantitative analyses in a clear, concise and actionable manner to extended team and small groups of key stakeholders.
- Successful completion of a Bayer internship and/or work experiences in data science applications in agriculture or another related field.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.